When as a Digital Marketer or Individual business owners want to analyze how well their SEO is working for their websites and webpages, they use various tools like Page Rank, Page Authority, and Domain Authority, etc. to compare against other competitive sites.
However, out of the various SEO measuring tools, Domain Authority is undervalued by many websites, which weighs on their overall website performance. But, now everyone is waking up to the fact that building a domain authority is very important for any business to flourish on the internet.
What Is Domain Authority?
Domain Authority is a website score developed by Moz based on the number of unique incoming links, external links quality of incoming and outgoing links, high traffic to the site, high-quality content on the site and good site structure. Domain Authority is a standard metrics used these days to measure how strong a website is in its domain.
How to Increase Domain Authority Quickly?
Businesses that would like to increase domain authority quickly, must keep in mind that to get a higher score they must make efforts to:
- Create high-quality content that is optimized for searchable keywords (also consider long-tailed keywords) and is easily shareable across social media platforms
- The content must be such that other sites are willing to link to, for example, Wikipedia is a very good example of a high domain authority where other websites link to
- Internal link structure must be healthy liking to good pages with high-quality content within the website
- Special attention to be given to make sure that sure there are no broken links and/or remove bad links
- Bring genuine incoming links (backlinks).
- High-quality external links
- The legitimate build-up of traffic
- Website is easy to use
- Website is optimized on all devices, especially mobiles.
- Have authority over other similar websites
- Reduce your website pages load time, so that your website is quick to open
- Get your social skills working for your website too, promote, promote and promote on every social media possible. This doesn’t mean you end up spamming, but subtle promotion.
What Is Page Authority?
Page Authority is another measuring tool developed by Moz to know the score of a page on SERP. Page Authority score is measured on a scale of 1- 100 and higher the score, better the page authority.
How to Increase Page Authority?
Increasing page authority is a desirable and important task for your website’s future. Here is how you can increase page authority:
- Have high quality and helpful content on the page
- Always try to create fresh content that will be shared by others
- The page content must also be unique and original; plagiarism is a big NO, so hire a good content writer if you are not sure how to go about creating relevant and informational content
- When your content is in simple language without any jargons and easy to understand then, it is shareable content
- Make your page attractive with images or videos in between the content, that way the reader is interested to read your content right till the end
- Broaden the link juice net within your website pages, from high page rank pages to low page rank pages
- Build incoming links to the page you want to rank higher legitimately
- Aim for a high domain authority score
- Discard harmful incoming links from your page
- Use social media to share the page as much as you can, the more it receives comments, likes, and traffic from external links, the much better the score.
What Is Good Domain Authority Score?
Domain Authority score helps internet users come across websites that are genuine and helpful and have authority over other websites in offering good information in their industry.
Domain Authority score is measured on a scale of 1-100. According to Moz, the higher the score, the better the domain authority.
Domain Authority Checker:
As a Digital Marketer who is just starting off and does not know how to check your domain authority, there are many handy free SEO tools online that can help like, Moz Bar, Link Explorer, and Keyword Explorer:
- Moz Bar is a Google Chrome extension used to get the score of Domain Authority and Page Authority
- Link Explorer helps you break down complex data about your website traffic like people, location, age, etc.
- Keyword Explorer is an SEO keyword tool that provides you with keywords that people search for, what keywords your competitors are using, which keywords are trending, keywords you are ranking for, etc.
There are many sites that also have the Bulk DA checker tools for checking all the three measures of SEO, Page Authority, Domain Authority, and mozRank.
Now that you know the different ways to improve domain authority, page authority, and mozRank, it is time you analyze, monitor and executes changes.
Apart from the above SEO tools, there are many websites that have their own tools and software that you can explore before deciding on the one that suits you best. And if you lack skills, knowledge and time then, get in touch with us and we will be able to provide you with a comprehensive solution that will help you track domain authority over time.