Search Engine Marketing is one of the trending topics in SEO Digital Marketing. With Google and other search engines directing the way websites rank based on customer keyword searches, queries or paid advertisements, it is very important for a Digital Marketer to learn and understand how the whole process works.
What is SEM or Search Engine Marketing?
Search Engine Marketing is the process of running paid advertisements on SERP sites or types of search engine like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. SEM is where bidding is done by advertising websites on keywords that are searched by customers, and when the potential customer searches for the keywords, the advertiser’s ad is shown to the user, thereby maximizing the advertiser’s chances of getting a potential customer and converting a lead.
Importance of Search Engine Marketing:
Search Engine Marketing or search engine advertising is very important for any website and for SEO marketing experts to successfully run an Ad campaign; they need to pay attention to the following points:
- To enhance an online presence and visibility, with the help of paid advertisements.
- It is a very focussed customer targeting technique
- Smartphone users who use search engines at least once a day amounts to 87%, so that means it is high time websites keep aside budget for SEM if they want to attract the right customers to buy their products and services. (Source: go-globe.hk)
- Google Ads, for example, runs Ads alongside customer keyword searches based on max bid and overall quality of your Ads, so High Ad Rank = Lowest maximum bid (Cost per Click) + Quality Score of Ad (Source: Wordstream.com)
- Keywords play a very important role here; hence, using a good keyword research tool by SEMRUSH will help you sort out the most searched keywords.
- Quality of Ad content is also very important for your Ad to have a higher Quality Score and more chances to have a High Ad Rank.
Types of search engine marketing:
There are three types of search engine marketing:
- PPC or Pay per Click or Search results that are sponsored
- Local SEO – appear on Google Maps for free
- Organic SEO – when you appear on searches for keywords present in your website content
Advertising on Search Engine Benefits:
Make your website appear on top of all organic searches, more visibility, and more traffic.
- A Keyword Tool helps advertisers to have multiple keyword segments based on search volume and competition.
- Having multiple Advertisers with multiple keyword segments will bring a lot of traffic to your website
- You can also measure how your Ads fare through analytics
- It is easy to implement
- It is a great way to have brand awareness
- Can target customers based on age, gender, location, language, etc.
- Higher ROI
When you as a Digital Marketer or business owner want to learn more about SEM, then taking up Search Engine Marketing course from a reputed institute like Alpha IRT is a great place to start. Since Alpha IRT is part of Alpha InfoLab, an SEO marketing company, its faculty not only impart book-related knowledge but also practical knowledge.
When you complete the course at Alpha IRT, you also get a chance to have hands-on experience and internship training at Alpha InfoLab.
So, hurry up, fast-track your career as a Digital Marketer or make your business website more visible on search engines with Alpha IRT SEM course.
For more information fill the contact form or speak to Alpha IRT Team or visit our campus.