Digital Marketing is proving to be one of the most popular forms of advertising being used by businesses and marketers these days to reach a wider spectrum of audience and increase sales. For this purpose, the widely used digital marketing strategies or fundamentals of digital marketing by businesses are:
- Email marketing
- SEO (search engine optimization)
- SMO (social media optimization)
- SMM (social media marketing)
- PPC (pay per click)
Businesses benefit a lot when they use the different fundamentals of digital marketing by including them in their Marketing Campaign.
Benefits of Digital Marketing:
- Generate traffic to a website
- Customer engagement rates are high
- Generate Leads
- High conversion rates, in a research study by Monetate on “A conversation about context” – the global conversion rates saw a rise of 2.42% in the 3rd quarter of 2018
- High ROI
- Cost-effective than traditional advertising avenues like billboards, Newspapers, Magazines, etc.
It is useful for marketers to be open to new and trending digital marketing ideas in order to increase organic traffic on their website.
How to increase organic traffic on the website?
- Step into your customer’s shoes: We literally do not mean you do that! We mean that you should think like your customers, think on the lines of, ‘how will they benefit from your product?’
Your marketing campaign needs to show the customers your product benefits and make them realize how many customers they will reach out to, once they take your product or service.
- Use the keywords wisely: Choosing highly competitive keywords will take your page rank on search engines like Google, Bing or Yahoo down. Instead, use longer, multi-word phrases which people usually use in search boxes of search engines. The average conversion rate for such keywords is 36% according to recent research by WordStream, so, it is always good to have a combination of short and long keywords for better results.
- Simple, clean and quality Content: Your content must be clean and of high quality, meaning it must use simple language that anyone can understand and is clean from words that are offensive. People like reading on websites that impart knowledge and information that is useful to them. Even search engines rank pages according to content that is searchable and long.
- Have a blog page and update it frequently: Blogs are a great way to increase website traffic as well as for customer engagement. It is more effective and result-oriented than say, making 50 cold calls or having people leave pamphlets at doorsteps. A blog is a powerful medium; it has the power to influence readers so, use it to do that effectively.
- Share your knowledge using videos: Yet another creative way to share your knowledge and also promote your business is by making videos and sharing them on YouTube or Vimeo. According to Cisco Visual Networking Index: Forecast and Trends, 2017–2022 White Paper, YouTube viewership will rise up by 37% by 2022, that means your business has another lucrative avenue to venture into.
- Use Infographics or Memes: Going out of your usual marketing arena, infographics and memes that use text and images, are also a great way to reach out to your audience. These can be shared on Pinterest, which is another social site; research shows it drives 33% more traffic to shopping sites than Facebook. So there is huge potential in it. When you advertise on Pinterest, for every $1 spent, your ROI is $2, a 100% rise in profits.
Getting your business and brand to a higher level requires a high level of Digital Marketing knowledge, skills and expertise which, Alpha Infolab possesses. Alpha Infolab is an IT and Digital Development company in India for any business to start its digital marketing journey with. We cater to all sizes of business from various industries. We will be glad to know more about your business and customize a digital development solution that will increase organic traffic to your website in a cost-effective way. So, contact us here to know how our Digital Marketing experts can help.